Maybe you blocked someone on Facebook by mistake.
Or maybe you've decided that you want to unblock someone on Facebook who you previously blocked for one reason or another. Unblocking someone on Facebook is within your grasp in just a few easy steps. This can be done on both your personal page or a Facebook business page. Click here to learn how to block someone on Facebook.
How do I unblock someone on Facebook?
It's quite simple to unblock someone on Facebook.
Steps to unblock someone on Facebook on mobile
1. Open your mobile app and log in, then click the three horizontal lines on the bottom right corner of the page to bring up page options.
2. Tap on "Settings & Privacy"
3. Click on "Settings"
4. Scroll down to the Privacy section, then click "Blocking"
5. Find the name of the person you're attempting to unblock, then click "Unblock" next to their name.
6. Confirm that this is the action you want to take by clicking "Confirm"
Steps to unblock someone on Facebook on desktop
1. On the top righthand side of your screen, tap the question mark to open a drop-down menu of account options.
2. Click "Privacy Shortcuts"
3. On the left side of the screen, under the "Privacy" header, click "Blocking"
4. Locate the person you'd like to unblock, then click "Unblock" next to their name.
5. Confirm that this is the action you'd like to take by clicking "Confirm" in the pop-up box
Is a Facebook unblock permanent?
No, if you unblock someone on Facebook, it's not permanent. However, you will have to wait 48 hours to re-block someone on Facebook.
If I unblock someone on Facebook, will they know?
The person, or persons, you have unblocked on Facebook will not be notified if you unblock them. However, they may notice if your name starts appearing after a long absence.