I have an unfortunate truth for all of you marketers out there – forgive me for what I’m about to say.
Your marketing efforts mean nothing if you can’t measure their impact.
Okay – that may be a bit harsh, but probably doesn’t come as a surprise to most of you.
You can send out a stellar email with your latest marketing collateral, but does it mean anything if it doesn’t get opened? Will your efforts pay off if the case studies and eBooks don’t get downloaded?
Luckily, there’s a designated marketing role to combat this. That’s right – this short little rant brings us to the importance of marketing analytics, and more specifically, your marketing analytics manager.
Marketing analytics is the the practice of measuring, analyzing, and reporting on marketing efforts to maximize their effectiveness, optimize return on investment (ROI), and drive better results in the future. Your marketing analytics manager will spearhead these efforts.
When it comes to marketing analytics, it’s all about ensuring your team is getting the most out of every single dollar in your budget. Through these efforts, your marketing analytics manager will monitor and evaluate your team’s various campaigns and their outcomes.
Marketing Analytics Manager Duties
The marketing analytics manager will work closely with the sales and marketing team to track key activities, evaluate their success, and identify how they contribute to the sales pipeline to ensure they’re offering an adequate return on investment (ROI). This individual will likely have a deep understanding of how customer data is structured in your systems and the ability to segment the database based on criteria to best target a specific user type.
When it comes time for your team to hire a marketing analytics manager, the below job description can be a helpful starting point. In fact, we invite you to use the template and adapt it to your own organization's needs and requirements. You may also alter this job description for a marketing analytics specialist.
Are you looking to hire other marketing roles, as well? You can find more job descriptions on our full list of marketing job descriptions.
Marketing Analytics Manager Job Description
Title: Marketing Analytics Manager
With more than 400 percent growth since 2015, ACME Corporations is North America’s leading energy provider, with the single largest retail customer base nationwide. Since its founding in 2007, ACME Corporations has strived to meet the highest standards of energy delivery, customer service, and cost efficiency. Our mission is to be the top-tier energy provider while fostering a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
ACME Corporation is looking to hire a marketing analytics manager to be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting on various marketing campaigns to evaluate success, measure ROI, and determine best practices. This individual will work closely with the sales and marketing teams, particularly leadership, to ensure the best use of budget and identify how to best target user groups. The ideal candidate will collaborate across functions to deliver an effective marketing analytics strategy to meet the business objectives in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Works closely with other sales and marketing teams, including digital engagement, product marketing, communications, web, and events to understand the systems and data points applicable to each group, and to advise on areas for opportunity and collaboration in ingesting and tracking data.
- Understands how customer data is structured in the systems, and segments the database based on criteria (region, life cycle stage, persona) to best target a specific market or user type.
- Has a solid understanding of digital marketing and can manage and report on marketing campaign tracking, including sources across multiple channels like web, social, email, live events, webinars, and online communities.
- Promotes data integrity best practices for maintaining a healthy contact database, and socializes these across the team.
- Collaborates with cross-company departments like Product and Sales Operations to maintain organization-wide data standards. Maintains integrations between multiple systems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in marketing or related discipline
- 6+ years of marketing analytics, marketing operations, or digital marketing experience, preferably in a related industry
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to track, measure, and report on results of various marketing functions to determine ROI
- Advanced in data segmentation and reporting within a CRM and Marketing Automation system (Salesforce and HubSpot are highly preferred)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide actionable insights from data
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel
- Solid understanding of the sales lifecycle
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Experience in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Skilled in problem solving and project management
- Self-starter with a history of pushing for deadline-driven results
For even more help in writing your own marketing analytics manager job description, we’ve sourced the following examples from three companies looking to hire.
The following examples show organizations that have followed a typical job description structure, but customized it based on their unique needs and expectations.
Marketing Analytics Manager Job Description Examples
To see how real employers are writing their marketing analytics manager job description, check out the examples below!
Marketing Analytics Manager
Mountain View, California
23andMe is seeking an experienced Marketing Analytics Manager to join the Marketing team. The Marketing Analytics Manager plays an integral role in bringing data insights and business acumen to help inform our customer acquisition strategy ranging from sales forecasting, media planning, budget allocation, to offer strategy.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe's mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what's possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Combine business knowledge and holistic company strategy with historical data to own and build forecasts for all direct to consumer sales channels in Excel, R, and/or Python
- Develop and enhance framework for media budget / spend allocation for all customer acquisition channels including both online digital and offline traditional media
- Provide data insights ranging from click attribution to media mix modeling to optimize marketing campaigns on various channels
- Develop marketing data roadmap and adhere to industry best practices to develop scalable data solutions with data engineering team
- Partner closely with Data Analytics team to develop models for use in forecasting, media targeting, attribution, and measuring lifetime customer value
What you’ll bring
- BS or MS in business-related or quantitative field (Economics, Math, Statistics, or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience in consulting, data science, marketing analytics, or equivalent
- Strong quantitative skills, proficient in R, Python, and SQL. Familiarity with data engineering and data management (specifically Redshift/AWS) is a plus.
- Understanding of web and analytics/tracking technologies specifically Google Analytics. Tealium and Optimizely are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; this role requires regular interaction with executives and team leads from across the company
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines
- Self-starter, reliable team player with strong initiative and the ability to thrive in high-intensity, rapidly changing environment
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its "50 Smartest Companies, 2017" list, and named one of Fast Company's "25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017". 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com ( https://www.23andme.com/ ).
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual's race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Senior Marketing Analytics Manager
Los Angeles, California
Who we are
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it’s like working at Ticketmaster.
We are looking for a Sr. Marketing Analytics Manager to join Ticketmaster to support Marketing and Engagement by providing analysis & planning across business platforms. The goal of this role is to provide strategic reporting, insights and analyses to be used in marketing projects. This role will also support public communications that drive revenue growth and improve marketing performance.
The ideal candidate is a strong data analyst with a background in online/ecommerce business and knowledge of online marketing. The candidate thrives on innovating in a fast-paced environment and is excited by the scale and complexity of Ticketmaster’s business. Ability to successfully manage complex projects and roll outs to tight deadlines simultaneously is a must.
- Measure, report and analyze user behavior and marketing channel results across products, channel, platform and other performance segments.
- Work with marketing channel owners to measure performance of new and existing campaigns
- Be an expert in customer data, and help to identify and fill data gaps using internal resources and outside vendors.
- Own monthly Marketing KPI reports, spend time with marketing stakeholder to ensuring these reports meet the teams’ evolving data needs.
- Collaborate with other functional teams, (e.g., Desktop, Mobile, Product, Strategy) to understand the impact of analysis across multiple areas of the business.
- Provide analytical support to PR and Comms teams during major events (e.g. Super Bowl, The Grammys, strategic sales)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in online/digital companies handling and analyzing large data sets to successfully drive conclusions
- Strong SQL skills required.
- Strong Data skills - must be comfortable analyzing large quantities of data to create summaries, develop models, and extract insights
- Exceptional project management skills, driving multiple initiatives and roll outs to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to draw insights and recommendations from analysis and present proposals to internal stakeholders.
- Able to work quickly, able to experiment and amend approach based on data analysis and results.
- Must have expertise in Google Analytics Premium and other web analytic tools
- Experience with online advertising platforms such as AdWords, Facebook, and DoubleClick a plus
- Strong understanding of digital media, eCommerce business models
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
Senior Manager – Marketing Analytics
New York, New York
They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
GymPass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier and more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, and we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms and having the best talent.
The Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics will be a trusted business partner and play a key part in partnering with Marketing and Commercial organizations to develop comprehensive evidence-based marketing strategy delivering New Companies and Member acquisition, retention, and ROI.
What You'll Do...
Business to Business (B2B) marketing: acquire new companies, retain existing companies, and expand into new categories
- Opportunity identification: size / prioritize acquisition, retention, and cross-sell opportunities
- Consultative marketing campaign strategy / design
- Customer analytics, including segmentation, LTV, prospect scoring
- Campaign design, including geographic , and ROI
- Impact measurement / tracking
Business to Business to Consumer (B2B2C) marketing: increase our company's enrollment and engagement rate by acquiring new members and retaining existing members.
- Commercial Growth: identify other opportunities for Commercial growth
- Opportunity identification: systematically assess drivers of commercial growth, including:
- Current and potential attractiveness of major customer segments
- Product competitiveness vs local and national competitors
- Innovation opportunities (marketing, product, etc)
- Data analytics: use market, product, customer data to develop diagnostic analyses, size opportunities, and business case
- Implementation strategy: partner with segment and functional leaders to develop a shared vision, including multi-year strategy, tactical recommendations, milestones
You Should Have....
- Results-oriented mindset with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent SQL skills and analytical skills
- Excellent oral / written communication and interpersonal skills.
- 7-10 years of broad-based, progressive marketing analytics experience
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment; passion for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Strong sense of ownership
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and welfare our our employees.
Our benefits include:
- Employee Health Insurance covered 100%
- Company subsidized Gympass on us – workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch.
- Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 and floating holiday to be used for religious purposes
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- An exciting and supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) and ambitious people from around the world!
GymPass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GymPass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.